Monday, October 17, 2011

The early bird catches the .....quilt top?

You all know that my Dad spoils me rotten right?
Well, a month or two ago when I went to visit him and my Mum he handed me a yellow envelope.
Guess what was inside???



A heap of charm packs. Not just any charm packs, these were Cosmo Cricket charm packs! They were a mix of Early Bird and Tailor Made.
How awesome is that for a pressie!?!
Yep, my Dad not only thought to get me fabric as a surprise gift but searched for one of my fav designers!!! Isn't he the bestest!!!
Why am I talking about these charms in the past tense?
They have now become a quilt top. A HUGE quilt top that I can't wait to quilt and cuddle.



Now I'll add Nick to the pic for a size reference.






( Nick is 44" tall)
I can't wait to get this one finished!!!
Thank you Dad!!!
Kelli
xxx

12 comments:

Kirsten said...

I love your "measuring tape" there! Quilt top looks awesome, and hurray for a dad that buys you fabric!!

Jeannette Bruce said...

Um, you have a super cool dad. I'm trying to imagine my dad buying fabric for me. No, can't picture it. Even cooler that those fabrics came from my little Etsy shop and that I get to see what was made with them:)

Jan Maree said...

1. you are lucky to still have your dad, 2. you are lucky to have a dad that buys you fabric, 3. you are lucky that he even knows about designers! 4. you are pretty lucky to have that cute little model too! and p.s. love the quilt!

Clair said...

I haven't heard anything about the adoption, is there a problem with the paperwork?
Daaaddy.......I want some more "little apples"!
Did he hear me?

Great quilt top.....how are you going to quilt it?
You can always use my machine if you like.

Kirsten said...

This is gorgeous Kelli!!!! I really love these fabrics too:)

Kristie said...

HUGE!!! Look at wee Nick on that thing! Nice work, Kelli! And your dad is such a sweetheart!

Adele said...

Kel! It is huge! It looks fabulous mate. It's grown a lot since we were at Alex! Love your work. Can't wait to catch up babe. Coming Saturday? Love love love xxx

Leslie said...

this quilt is gorgeous...what an awesome Dad. i cracked up when i saw the picture you took for size reference...something about that little guy just lying there.....

Rachaeldaisy said...

3 cheers for your dad!! What a great quilt! I really like that you left some of the squares as squares. Great idea for measuring your quilt!!

Lynne said...

What a wonderful gift! That quilt is going to be lovely. I love your every growing tape measure!

ButtonMad said...

Your dad bought you that lovely fabric - what a thoughtful chap - how sweet!

Health is Wealth said...


Apna Showroom Baby Boy's and Girl's Woollen Sweaters/Inner (Multicolour) 0-3 months baby sweaters new born
Apna Showroom Baby Girl's A-Line Knee Length Frock Dress 3-4 years fancy dress
Apna Showroom Baby Girl's A-Line Knee Length Frock Dress 6-12 months or 1 years fancy dress
Apna Showroom Baby's Cotton Socks (Multicolour, 6-12 Months) - Designer - fancy - attractive
Apna Showroom Baby's Cotton Socks (Multicolour, 2-3 years) - Designer - fancy - attractive
Apna Showroom Baby's Cotton Socks (Multicolour, 4-8 years) - Designer - fancy - attractive
APNA SHOWROOM Bra for Women Combo Pack of 6 Cup Size 32 (B) Non-Wired Multicolor Everday Cotton Bra Daily use