Monday, February 8, 2010

Disappear in Wonderland....

This is my Wonderland quilt, Yes, Original name huh? Who would've thought to name a quilt after the fabric range : ) Oh well, Makes it easy to remember!

My Parents completely spoil me, ( and I love it!) Mum, the Boys and Me made a trip over to Ballarat Patchwork one day for one of their sales and Dad gave her firm instructions to buy me fabric! Who am I to argue with that order? So, a Wonderland jelly roll and some yardage to match came home with us.

I used the Jelly Filled pattern by Thimbleblossoms.

I didn't quite have enough fabric for the back so I searched through all my scraps and this is what I came up with. I love it. Its so much nicer than a plain back so I think I'm gonna get more creative with my backings. This could be scary...

My Super talented Sister in law quilted it for me on her Gammill. She's amazing at what she does. Gee I've chosen pretty well , Not only have I got the best fiance in the world, He comes with a great family. Lucky Lucky Lucky!!!
Linda (Sister in Law) and Judy ( Mother In Law) have made a quilt out of the same pattern in different fabric so I'll try to get some photos when we are up there later this month.

xxx

0 comments: