Sunday, March 7, 2010

Scrappy 9 patch


I participated in Crazy Mom Quilts scrappy nine patch quilt along last year. I also managed to talk many people into doing it too! Nearly everyone in my class joined in and also Linda!
Well, The goal was, A 9 patch a day for 70 days. In my case it was 7 nine patches one week and about 30 the month later!
Anyway, I completed the top with some help from my Mum and together we basted it and then I quilted it. Well, the quilting isn't the best but it is now finished completely!
I have given it to a friend that works in a nursing home and asked her to pass it along to someone who might need a present.
I hope whoever ends up with it will like it.
I guess its time to start thinking about this years scrappy quilt design huh?
I think everyone should pop over to Lindas blog and ask her for photos of her scrappy 9 patch quilt!
xxx

1 comments:

Shannon said...

That is a great quilt. I love the idea of giving quilts to a nursing home. I used to work in nursing homes as a CNA. Thank you for that idea.