Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day.

I want to start this post by wishing all the Mothers out there a wonderful day! I hope you all get spoilt rotten followed by a gazillion kisses and cuddles!!!
These are a couple of quilt tops that I have finished recently.
I had a Verna Honeybun and I wasn't sure what to make after the last Verna Honeybun was such a "project". So big brave me got a charm pack and made this simple layout. I am really happy with how it has turned out. I think I will straight line quilt it to keep the simple look to it. Its a great size and will end up on my Step Daughters bed I think.

This one is for my Local Supermarket Check out Chick. Yep, I stop and talk to EVERYBODY : ) We have become great friends and she got VERY clucky over Nick when he was a baby and decided that she wanted a little boy too. ( Her Youngest is 10) so now, She is preggers and Yes, It's a boy! Yay!

Any excuse to use this fabric is a good excuse I think : ) I got the idea for this quilt from one on Flikr.
kellster

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I do love both the quilts but the top one is just gorgeous... You are so clever :) xx

Mary said...

I love, love, love these quilts! I'm a sucker for simple designs that really showcase the fabric. Plus I love Verna and Make Life! :-)

Aunt Spicy said...

Another gorgeous quilt, you have a great eye for color and pattern!