Saturday, May 8, 2010

Way too long.

Yes, I have very valid reasons for not blogging in the last week or so but I'm going to blame the weather anyway ;)
Everyone knows that you can't get good photos of quilts if its raining.


I have finished and bound my Verna quilt. Yay!!! I love it!
for now, Its just gonna have to live beside the Neptune quilt and wait for someone I know to have a baby girl. C'mon people!


This is the back, I took all my leftover Verna and added heaps of white. Adventurous huh?


I have also managed to quilt my 1974 quilt. This thing is a monster!!! Its huge!!! I am still apologising to my sewing machine for making her do this. On a side note, I have decided to call my machine, Mona. Yes, I did decide the name the day I was quilting this.


The back of this quilt is the same pattern but made from Layer Cakes. so It is a double sided quilt. I just don't know which side I like better? Maybe I'll just have to share the love with both sides.


Hope everyone out there has had a fantastic week!
I have a few more things to show but you'll have to wait for the next post.
Thanks for not noticing how bad my weeds are in the photos! I am not a gardener! Sorry!
kellster

4 comments:

Mary said...

I am loving all the quilty goodness in this post! I love Verna, and I love whirlygigs too :-) Good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! Maybe you could have a little girl :)

Amy Friend said...

I just love both quilts! They came out wonderfully.

Kelli said...

Thanks Ladies but Sorry Angela, No more babies here!