Monday, July 5, 2010

It must be Love

Last week, Mum and I made a trip over to Ballarat Patchwork.
Yes,THE Ballarat Patchwork.
They had 20% off store wide. Gotta love that!


I have been wanting some Love for ages now but you know how it goes. Yeah, I like it, Yeah I want it. Do I get any? Not sure? Then, all the great photos start turning up on Flikr and you wonder how to track down these people so you can steal their quilts. It is a wee bit easier just to make your own.
Well, Get some? Yes I did! 9 fat quarters and you know what? I LOVE it : )
Whats your thoughts? Do I need to add some of the dark red/wine colour?


Miss Tula was calling to us and we each got a layer cake and enough various yardages to make borders and bindings. Can't wait to get started on this!!!


You can never have enough pin cushions huh? This little lady is OH SO CUTE!
There may be a photo or two of her pop up later in the week, I'm thinkin. ; )


And, last but not least, I have jumped on the Red and Aqua bandwagon. I am really looking forward to making this but have no idea what pattern to use??? Plenty of time, I've still got more fabric to buy!


So all of this is from our Day out! No wonder we don't go very often!
Did you notice the new button on the side bar? Yep, Another Quiltalong!
I have a heap of Sweet charm packs that have patiently waiting for their turn in the spotlight. Yep, See this Ladies, I am going to USE some of my Urban Chiks stash. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.......
Funny thing is... I'm gonna get Mum to Quilt Along too. I haven't told her yet so I wonder how long til I get the phone call : )
kellster

4 comments:

Carla said...

Adding the red/wine color would be a wonderful addition to the stack. You did some major shopping and I wish I was there. I'll have to see this quiltalong... Thanks for sharing!

Mary said...

What a fun shopping trip! I love Plume - the colors are so vibrant and fun!

Clair said...

I don't mind if you want to sit next to me at the next MMQG, just as long as you bring your stash.......and leave it unattended....right by my chair!

Kristen said...

Ooo so pretty. These are great fabric choices!