Friday, July 9, 2010

Jaybirds Circle Around Quilt

I was super spoilt for my birthday this year.
I got so many new quilting things and fabrics that I think I could happily turn 30 for the next 5 years!


One of the things I got from my Parents was The Circle Around Quilt by Jaybird.
This quilt is so ADDICTIVE. It was super quick to piece and so easy.
I have been looking at all of my precuts now wondering how many circles to make with them.
I just have to save some pennies and get the backing. I can't wait. It is all raw edge applique so after it gets washed it gonna go all fuzzy.
Yep, you read that right. I am looking forward to doing some washing! I know, Who knew thats what it would take!

If you get a chance I would definitely recomend popping over to Jaybirds shop and buying one of every pattern she has designed, This chick is amazing!!!


This is her next quilt that I have my sights set on.
I better get sewing on all the other awesome pressies that I got so I can blog about them too!
kellster

6 comments:

Mary said...

Happy birthday! I'm loving your latest quilt top!

Kristie said...

Thirty! You're a young'un!
This circle quilt top looks fantastic, been thinking about trying one....I think you have convinced me! Great jog!

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous quilt! Happy 30th Birthday to you! Can't wait to see what it looks like after it’s washed.

retdairyqueen said...

Well Happy Birthday and Im glad you got some lovely presents to play with

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

kelli i love it! {but you knew that!}
and i didn't know you had your eye on my other kit!!
thanks for all the sweet words about me!

Cathy M said...

Hi Kelli - missed you at guild on Saturday ;-(

I'm finally tackling a quilt inspired by this lovely quilt top, and short of buying the pattern, which I'm happy to do, wondered if you have any tips for how to ensure the circles aren't too puckered when I sew them on? I've trialled 2 so far, but don't want to leap in too much further if there's some hot tips that'll help me raw edge applique circles neatly!